Your first choice fruit company
As consumers continue to shift away from artificial ingredients, moving towards more natural or authentic components, the use of fruit as a natural sweetener is reflected on grocery store shelves and menus across the country. Fruit has proven to be a popular sweetener option as it delivers on flavor, color and nutritional benefits.
What's Happening in Fruit?
Power in purity – As consumers prioritize their health, they’re looking for products that are more natural, purer and cleaner.
- 49% of American 18 years and above, say simple ingredients influence their food and beverage choices.
- Focus on the functional – people want food and beverages with benefits, e.g., energy, immunity, mental focus. Taste alone is no longer enough.
- Democratization of luxury – Mid-market consumers are willing to trade up to more premium items.
- 35% of U.S. diners would pay more for higher-quality ingredients.
- Experiments in the exotic – Bolder, more exotic flavors are the choice of the young “foodie” generation.
- 25% of overall adults love spicy foods; it jumps to 38% among Gen Z adults.
Source: Lynn Dornblaser, Mintel March 2020
More Fruits Video